UEFA Champions League round of sixteen, 2019-20 will begin tonight. Historically, the competition is dominated by the big teams but there are few dark horses who entertain the fans even more than the big teams. Whether it’s AFC Ajax campaign in 2018-19 or AS Monaco FC 2016-17 campaign. Now we’re looking at teams that can replicate that amazing campaign in 2019-20 Season of UEFA Champions League.
- Despite failing to win any of their first four champions league matches they still manages to qualify for round of 16, where they will face Valencia.
- Atalanta have attacking talents such as Luis Muriel, Papu Gomez, Duvan Zapata and Josip Ilicic.
- Atalanta recently acquire Mattia Caldara from Milan, a move which will strengthen their defence.
- Their coach Gian Piero Gasperini is a mastermind behind this Atalanta team.
- Gasperini favours 3-4-3 formation to isolate the opposition defence which creates space for Zapata, Ilicic and Gomez.
- Papu Gomez is their key man who gets full freedom from their coach to play wherever he wants in attack.
- Atalanta are the true surprise in the competition.
- Their strength is scoring goals they already scored 63 goals in Serie A more than anyone in Serie A.
- Atalanta are currently in 4th position in Serie A and they are in hot form.
- Given the situation Atalanta are certainly a very interesting team to watch out for.
- After topping their group in champions league group stage Leipzig will face Tottenham.
- Moreover, it will be an entertaining match to watch.
- RB Leipzig has many superstar in their line up such as Timo Werner, Dani Omlo, Emil Forsberg and Dayot Upamecano.
- Currently sitting at Number 2 spot in the Bundesliga.
- Leipzig is a force to reckon with. They are truly a dark horse in the Champions League.
- Their coach Julian Nagelsmann who’s just 32 years old is a true tactical genius.
- Playing with a formation of 3-4-3.
- Leipzig always built their attack from back with a mindset of attacking through wingers and fullbacks.
- Leipzig is certainly a team to watch out for.
- The sacking of Mr. Carlo Ancelotti and the appointment of Gennaro Gattuso doesn’t go well with many fans of Napoli.
- Currently sitting at 9th position Serie A.
- Napoli’s season is full of ups and downs.
- The players protested against their Club President Aurelio De Laurentiis for the sacking of Carlo Ancelotti.
- Since Gattuso take over things have been better for Napoli.
- Napoli defeated Lazio and Inter Milan in Coppa Italia.
- Playing style of Gattuso is bit old as he prefers 4-3-3 and he focuses more on the defensive side.
- Napoli built their attack from the back as Napoli have lot of attacking options such as Dries Mertens, Arkadiuz Milik, Hirving Lozano and Lorenzo Insigne.
- The team also have a solid center back in the form of Kalidou Koulibaly and Kostas Manolas.
- Napoli are certainly a strong side who can upset strong team like Barcelona in the round of 16.